Day Eights instructions were to do an about page. This done imagine my surprise and joy this morning when I woke to find that Deirdre from Occasional Stuff who is found at http://itsdd2.wordpress.com/2014/01/12/the-leibster-award/ has nominated me for the Liebster Award. She said in her message to me that she liked my introduction so my about page must have been okay.
The Liebster is awarded to new bloggers as an encouragement and to get them started in the world of blogging. A requirement is that they have fewer than 200 followers. I certainly fit that bill and I have enjoyed visiting blogs that I can now nominate for the award. There are rules associated with it.
Here are the rules Deirdre asked me to follow, if you accept this nomination, you can do the same:
1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog.
2. You must answer the 10 questions given to you by the nominee before you. (That list is below the nominations.)
3. You must nominate 10 of your favorite blogs with fewer than 200 followers and notify them of their nomination.
4. You must come up with 10 questions for your nominees to answer.
I’ll add one more thing – if you link back to this post, your response will appear as a “pingback” in the discussion section at the end of this post, which allows me to share your words with your fellow nominees.
- Why did you start your blog? I started this blog because I love talking, love writing and just because I felt like it.
- What might have (or has) prevented you from continuing? Time. There are so many good blogs out there to read and to be a good blogger you have to participate. It isn’t simply a matter of writing a blog.
- It’s a cold, dark, wet day here today, what’s it like where you live? Absolutely beautiful. Temperature around 35 degrees centigrade, blue sky. Perfect
- What do you like to do when the weather is bad? Write and catch up on office work
- Do you have pet? If yes, tell me about it, or if not, what is your favourite animal? I have a dog and a few fish. The dog is the ruler of my life after Le Chef and has his own car.
- Show me a picture of what makes you happy. Why does it make you happy? Le Chef’s food makes me happy because he is happy when he cooks and I am happy eating good food.
- Did you read anything that made you laugh in the last week? Yes I read on a blog comment “I really must look at this tweeting thing. I heard that in Australia even the sharks tweet.”
- What is your favourite article of clothing, and why is it? My sandals. I have such rotten feet that without them I can’t walk.
- Favourite food? (As many as you like!) Easier to say what isn’t my favourite. Everything else I love. I don’t like kidneys, liver or oysters.
- Do you play any sports regularly? Not now because of my rotten feet.
Blogs I nominate are all doing the zero to hero award and some have not posted many blogs but all have potential. Lets face it we all have potential. Here they are –
1. What was the first car you owned?
2. What was the first record you bought? CD for those to young for records
3. Who was your childhood hero?
4. What was your first pet?
5. What was your favourite subject at school and
7. Describe yourself in five words
8. If you were a character in a movie who would you be?
9. If your life was a movie, who would play you?
10. Where would you like to go on your next vacation?